Wednesday, May 27, 2015

About Me

My name is Maša, and I’ve been an alcoholic for four yea--  I’m totally kidding, I do film photography with a Kiev A4 camera.  

I'm not usually the selfie type, but . And yes, unfortunately I always make that face when taking photos.
I’ve been photographing artistically for about four years now, during which time I’ve lived in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (my place of origin), Sofia, Bulgaria and now Vancouver, Canada (again).



I believe in photography as an honest, creative means of artistic expression, and I don’t believe in Photoshop. Any modification that doesn't reflect reality or can't be done in a dark room is a no-go for me: I stick with minimal to no photo modification.

Anyhow, as a result of my nomadic nature, I'd like to think I have good friends all over the world. Also, I have an awesome boyfriend and a disturbingly cute pug named Popeye: they are my biggest muses.

My boys!
This is my first blog, so pardon the simplicity. As all the photos used in this blog are my own (except for the ones used as visual aids for the historical article about my camera), I would really appreciate being asked permission if you would like to use them. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy everything this blog has to offer, and I welcome any comments and suggestions. Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment